Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) is one of the largest universities in Germany. Thanks to its location in the Rhine-Main science region, the university can unfold to its full potential and showcase its innovative power and dynamism. Its status as a comprehensive university allows for multidisciplinary learning and teaching and has great potential for internationally renowned, interdisciplinary research. Almost all of its institutes are located on a single campus close to the Mainz city center – creating a lively academic culture for researchers, teaching staff, and students from every continent
University Library of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz - Department of Digital Library Services
Mainz University Library is a modern e-based, functionally single-tier information service provider. It provides the university's researchers, teachers and students with literature and information as needed and provides them with places to learn and communicate.
In the Digital Library Services department, approximately 50 employees provide the IT infrastructure and technical solutions for the UB's digital services. We are looking for reinforcement for the library management system and the FOLIO project.
- Participation in the migration project for the introduction of the library software FOLIO.
- Analysis of the requirements for integration into the university infrastructure, in particular IDM and library automations
- Design, implementation and further development of interfaces and workflows for FOLIO, documentation
- Communication and coordination of requirements and development with partners in the library network and the OS community
- Continuous further developments of the system in production operations
- University degree (master) in computer science or comparable degree
- Sound knowledge in object-oriented software development in Java
- Experience on DevOps environments is a plus
- Good knowledge of relational (SQL-based) databases and Linux systems
- Knowledge of REST interfaces as well as data modelling and data transformation (eg. with JSON, XML.)
- Good English skills
- Enthusiasm in working on a larger, international open source software project
- Very good ability to work independently, in a structured and result-oriented manner
- Communication skills and enjoy working in a team
What we have to offer:
- A challenging and versatile job in a qualified team on a large university campus with international flair
- Job ticket optionally in the entire Rhein-Main area
- Flexible working hours
The position is remunerated according to EG 13 TV-L and is to be filled as soon as possible.
JGU is diverse and welcomes qualified applications from people with varied backgrounds.
Applications from older candidates are welcome.
We aim to increase the number of women in in the IT field and therefore encourage female candidates to apply.
Candidates with severe disabilities and appropriate qualifications will be given priority.
How to apply
Mr. Axel Dörrer, Tel: 06131/39-24105 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Marko Knepper, Tel: 0631/39-32895 or e-mail: email@example.com
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Thursday, September 29, 2022 16:57 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, September 29, 2022 16:57 UTC