Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) is one of the largest universities in Germany. Thanks to its location in the Rhine-Main science region, the university can unfold to its full potential and showcase its innovative power and dynamism. Its status as a comprehensive university allows for multidisciplinary learning and teaching and has great potential for internationally renowned, interdisciplinary research. Almost all of its institutes are located on a single campus close to the Mainz city center – creating a lively academic culture for researchers, teaching staff, and students from every continent.
University Library of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Full-time (100 %)
Mainz University Library is a modern e-based, functionally single-tier information service provider. It provides the university's researchers, teachers and students with literature and information as needed and provides them with places to learn and communicate.
In the Digital Library Services department, approximately 50 employees provide the IT infrastructure and technical solutions for the UB's digital services. We are looking for reinforcement for the FOLIO project.
- Participation in the migration project for the introduction of the library software FOLIO.
- Analysis of the requirements for integration into the university infrastructure, in particular IDM and library automations
- Design, implementation and further development of interfaces and workflows for FOLIO
- Communication and coordination of requirements and development with project participants in the library network and the OS community
- Documentation of the development work
- University degree (master) in computer science or comparable degree
- Sound knowledge in object-oriented software development in Java and initial experience with GIT in agile contexts
- Good knowledge of relational (SQL-based) databases and Linux systems
- Knowledge of REST interfaces as well as data modelling and data transformation with JSON or XML
- Good English skills
- Enthusiasm in working on a larger, international open source software project
- Very good ability to work independently, in a structured and result-oriented manner
- Communication skills and enjoy working in a team
What we have to offer:
- A challenging and versatile job in a qualified team on a large university campus
- Payment of a special annual bonus
- Job ticket, optionally in the entire Rhine-Main area
- Flexible working time arrangements and the possibility of teleworking
The position is paid according to EG 13 TV-L and to be filled as soon as possible. The position is temporary for a fixed term until December 31st 2023.
JGU is diverse and welcomes qualified applications from people with varied backgrounds.
Applications from older candidates are welcome.
We aim to increase the number of women in in the IT field and therefore encourage female candidates to apply.
Candidates with severe disabilities and appropriate qualifications will be given priority.
Are you ready for a new challenge and interested in this varied and responsible position? Then submit your complete application until August 21, 2022, preferably via the „Apply now“ button:
For questions and further information please contact Axel Doerrer by e-mail: email@example.com.
How to apply
Axel Dörrer, Tel: +49 6131/39-24105, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Marko Knepper, Tel: +49 6131/39-32895, e-mail: email@example.com
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 14:14 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 14:14 UTC