Web Developer, Mississippi State University Libraries
Created: August 5, 2016
Mississippi State University Libraries Starkville0 other recent jobs
DescriptionPosition type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 320100 - General Library
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum: 14/Minimum: 39,800
Department Profile: The University Libraries provide their communities of users an ongoing, creative and technologically advanced library program.
Area of Specialization: Systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains existing and develops new websites and web applications including database programming, multimedia development and web editing;
2. Assists in integrating other 3rd party applications into new and existing websites/applications
3. Assists with concept design, content delivery and exploring/recommending emerging technologies and services that will benefit the library program;
4. Provides technical support, training and ongoing development for a variety of existing applications
5. Develops and maintains mobile web applications;
6. Works with Library Web Team to ensure appropriate web site ADA compliance as well as compliance with University policies;
7. Supervises student workers and manages student payroll for Web Services team;
8. Tracks, analyzes and reports on current web usage statistics;
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in related field; one year related experience in maintaining and developing web-related applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong interpersonal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills;
Demonstrated experience with web design software and programming experience using HTML, CSS, and PHP;
Experience with various database systems including MySQL and Microsoft SQL;
Must be familiar with Internet protocols, web-based authentication methods and proxy servers in order to manage the site and maintain a high level of security for various databases and websites;
Understanding of web standards and accessibility as defined by the W3C and Section 508 Compliance;
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
No unusual physical requirements. Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility;
Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis;
Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands;
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/492660/web-developer by completing the professional application and attaching a cover letter and resume that includes the complete contact information for three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC