Goethe University Frankfurt — Frankfurt
0 other recent jobs
Created: March 8, 2016
DescriptionThe University Library Johann Christian Senckenberg of the Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main is one of the largest university libraries in Germany and owns an internationally significant Judaica- and Hebraica-collection. In cooperation with the Stuttgart Media University and funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) the library is developing the specialized information service Jewish Studies. This information service offers a variety of online-services and
focusses to improve the access to literature in Hebrew language over the period from 1900 to 2010. Implementing the automated transformation process will enable retrieval of Romanized Hebrew books in the original Hebrew script.
The University Library offers the position of a
Computer Scientist (up to E 13 TV-G-U)
at the next possible date limited for a period of 36 months.
Your individual salary will be based on your personal qualifications and the job characteristics of the Collective Labour Agreement TV-G-U.
* technical designing and developing the process of transforming Romanized Hebrew book titles and author names into the original Hebrew script automatically
*l establishing a portal of the online specialized information service and coordinating and technically integrating the provided services, especially in regard to the process of contextualization, implemented by our partner in Stuttgart
* developing the specific methods of data transfer and interfaces, data conversion
* University degree (Diplom/Master/Bachelor) in Computer Science or a related topic
* excellent knowledge of the Linux platform
* experience in programming web applications using established frameworks and scripting languages
* knowledge of Hebrew script and language
* of benefit is the knowledge of metadata formats, Linked Open Data and related common techniques (e.g. Vufind/SOLR, XSLT)
* commitment, ability to work in a team, initiative and willingness to travel
* good knowledge of the German or English language
The results could be used for your PhD thesis if desired and suitable.
If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Mr. Marko Knepper: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University advocates the equality of women and men and therefore encourages women to apply. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference, if equally qualified. Please send your complete application documents in German or English by 01.04.2016 quoting the reference number 12/2016 to the Director of the Universitätsbibliothek, Bockenheimer Landstrasse 134-138, 60325 Frankfurt am Main or by e-mail: email@example.com. Do not send any original documents, as they will not be returned.
Salary calculator valid for TV-G-U also:
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, March 8, 2016 08:32 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC