DescriptionThe Cologne Center for eHumanities (CCeH) at the University of Cologne is seeking a Digital Humanist for a position as research associate (50%) at the earliest date possible, initially for a period of 14 months.
Applicants should ideally possess most of the following skills and competences or, if necessary, acquire them in a timely manner:
- Modeling of research agendas and information resources
- Metadata and data standards (e.g. DC, TEI, METS, EAD, CMDI)
- XML technologies (XML, XSLT, xQuery, XML-data bases)
- Programming (Python, Java etc.)
- Design and creation of web applications regarding technology, concept & content
A background in the humanities would be an advantage. The upcoming projects span, among other fields of study, linguistics, philologies, history and archaeology. They involve dictionaries, palaeography, papyrology, cataloging, edition etc.
Anyone interested in the position may contact the CCeH directly:
or by phone
0049-221-470-3894 resp. 4056
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:40 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC