ZAI has an immediate need to for a Web Developer for to support our customer, NASA, located in Greenbelt, MD . The Web Developer will be a U.S. citizen and will be responsible for building the operations end of websites and maintain their upkeep. This includes designing, building, and implementing new web pages and sites, integrating sites with back end applications, migrating legacy applications to the Web, and performing day-to-day administration of the project’s Web portfolio. The Web Developer will work in conjunction with the Electronic Library Systems Team to implement and incorporate the Library’s digital projects.
As a member of the Electronic Library Systems Team, the position reports to the Team Lead and works with teammates, library colleagues, patrons, and community partners to provide access to information and materials that support the scientific and engineering research and public outreach needs of the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Responsible for providing leadership in designing, developing, and supporting the Library’s virtual presence.
- Develop and maintain specialized databases and web-based resources.
- Analyze library and community information needs.
- Technical responsibilities include web design; site development and maintenance; programming and database work; web statistics collection, monitoring, and reporting; some graphic design and multimedia development.
- Project management responsibilities include the coordination of task groups, facilitating communication, developing project specifications, and conducting project evaluations.
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or subject area specific to the work of the Goddard Space Flight Center.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in designing, creating, and maintaining web sites.
- Understanding of XML-based web services, such as REST or SOAP, and the ability to use PHP to integrate with those services.
- Demonstrated experience with the LAMP stack.
- Familiarity with Linux- and UNIX-based operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience with HTML, and CSS.
- Experience creating and manipulating graphic images, video, and audio.
- Familiarity with usability testing, principles of information architecture, best practices and guidelines for accessible Web design.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience working with electronic library collections and digitization projects.
- Familiarity with Drupal 6 and 7 module and theme development
- Knowledge of database programs such as MySQL.
- Knowledge of the Fedora Repository software
How to apply
Mitzi M. (GSFC-272.0)[Affiliate] Cole
Published: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 02:27 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC