Systems/Programmer III Web Developer, Information Systems, Thomas BL.
To apply or see more information on this position: https://www.pittsource.com/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=239751
This is a temporary grant-funded position through September 30, 2013 in the University Library System/Information Technology Department, responsible for planning, development and implementation of Web-based applications and interfaces for content management and e-publishing systems, with emphasis on local software development, integration and configuration of open source content management software and data migration tasks to export, transform and import content and metadata between systems.
50% effort will be applied to the development of Telerehabilitate!, a national database and directory of telerehabilitation service providers. The remaining 50% effort will be devoted to Web development projects to support the ULS D-Scribe Digital Publishing Program (http://www.library.pitt.edu/dscribe) and other Web-based services. At various times, the incumbent will be expected to perform in the general areas of systems analysis; system design and development, needs assessment, resource planning and allocation, and independent execution of major projects. The incumbent will maintain communication with faculty, staff and students within libraries and throughout the University, with vendors and open source software developers and users worldwide.
B.S. degree in Computer or Information Science or related field of study or 5 years equivalent work experience with diverse Web Development tools in a complex network environment;
REQUIRED: Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of:
* LAMP environment (Linux/Unix, Apache, MySQL, PHP 5+).
* Experience in developing Web applications for multiple platforms and browsers.
* Demonstrated understanding of object oriented concepts, design patterns, and various open-source toolkits and frameworks.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability and desire to learn.
* Software life-cycle including software documentation, design, specification and development
Strong working knowledge of:
* Solaris, Fedora or RedHat operating systems;
* Geospatial search and retrieval systems
* Web software integration using APIs to Web 2.0 services such as Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
* Microsoft SharePoint
* Fedora Commons Repository
* VMware Minimum of two years experience with Web development using the Drupal content management system in a LAMP environment (Linux/Unix, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:39 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC