Library Systems Analyst
Position Title: Library Systems Analyst
(Oakland University, Rochester Hills, Michigan)
Salary Range/Pay Rate $61,177 - $68,831 annually.
Work ScheduleFT/Reg (40 hours)
This is a full-time position, working Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A flexible work schedule and/or remote work up to two days possible with this position.
Pay Schedule Month
Number of Hrs./Wk.40
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, information technology, management information systems, educational technology; or equivalent foundation of expertise and knowledge gained through extensive job experience and certification.
- Three years experience administering library systems, including an integrated library management system, preferably in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated experience providing end-user technology Help Desk support, documentation, and training.
- Strong knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Windows operating systems, and relational databases.
- Strong analytical, technical and troubleshooting skills for complex applications.
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, planning, and project management, including the ability to prioritize and complete tasks in relation to goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and vendors.
- Master’s degree in field or discipline related to job responsibilities.
- Experience with academic systems, services, and data.
- Experience with Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of web server software, web development and web languages.
- Experience maintaining and supporting library automated systems and resources, especially including, but not limited to, ExLibris Voyager or Alma, OCLC EZProxy and ILLiad.
Unless otherwise required by an applicable collective bargaining agreement, all minimum, additional and desired qualifications are preferred, but qualifications, degrees, and/or experience deemed comparable and/or equivalent by Oakland University in its sole and exclusive discretion may be considered.
- The Library Systems Analyst manages and interacts with the operational online library systems of the OU Libraries.
- The online systems are a combination of SaaS systems and local enterprise DBMS software.
- Coordinates services in consultation with library staff, administration as well as university information technology (UTS) staff.
- The position also supports the Library’s end-user desktop and laptop environments, including Windows PC and Macintosh computers; peripheral equipment installations, configurations, and troubleshooting.
- The systems analyst participates in systems security tasks, user account maintenance, product research, equipment inventory, and product installations and updates.
- Assists in the coordination of Library Technology Helpdesk, the Helpdesk ticketing system, and Technology Intern oversight and training.
Job Open Date: 03/01/2023
Job Close Date: open
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, March 28, 2023 20:14 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, March 28, 2023 20:14 UTC