Position Title: Software Developer II
Job Group: Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing applications using a LAMP stack (Linux/Unix, Apache, MySQL, PHP/PERL) environment
- Demonstrated experience with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to bridge vendor systems
- Working knowledge of the Drupal content management system or similar
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
The Software Developer will join our integrations development team within the information technology department at the Iowa State University Library. As part of our team, you will work closely with the functional stakeholders across the library to understand user needs and develop solutions to meet unique technical challenges. Your responsibilities will include working with librarians and repository managers to ensure that library digital assets are accessible and represented on the library's platforms, such as our website for discovery and access, and our digital preservation platform for continued access.
This position will be responsible for
Developing, maintaining, and supporting web applications using open-source and proprietary software, including LAMP stack, ExLibris Alma/Primo, Drupal content management system, Libnova digital preservation platform, and Islandora digital repository.
Programming, scripting, backend logic, APIs, and relational database management.
Developing applications across the entire stack, with an emphasis on the backend.
- Intermediate-level position with solid professional and/or technical skills working under general supervision to achieve goals
- Applies broad, working knowledge of the principles of the field to moderately complex, difficult, and varied problems and issues
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and resolve problems
- Responds to a broad range of inquiries and requests
- May provide training and/or direction to lower-level staff
- May lead projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Provides guidance to students
Appointment Type: Regular
Number of Months Employed Per Year: 12-Month Work Period
Time Type: Full time
Pay Grade: PS810
Application Instructions: To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application.
Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll-Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work-life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
- Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans
- Generous vacation, holiday and sick time, and leave plans
- Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)
- Life insurance and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Various voluntary benefits and discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing program
- This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date: November 1, 2022
Posting Close Date: Until filled
Job Requisition Number: R10196
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 16:02 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 16:02 UTC