We are looking to hire a new DIGITAL PRESERVATION LIBRARIAN in the University Libraries of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
This advertisement is being re-posted September, 2022.
More about this position: https://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/10762
DOES THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOU?
*You have experience with digital assets management?
*You have a knack for troubleshooting software and systems?
*You are familiar with digital preservation standards and models, such as: OAIS, TDR, NDSA Levels, DCC Lifecycle Model?
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
*Is passionate about preserving and providing access to historical and cultural heritage assets
*Is motivated to learn and grow in this role
*Holds an advanced degree in library science, informatics, information technology, or a related field
*Is serious about promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion at an R1 public educational institution
*Creating digital preservation workflows, using a range of software tools and techniques
*Implementing cloud-based infrastructure for digital preservation
*Establishing digital preservation policies and best practices for digital asset management
*Researching and training others in digital preservation practices and standards
WHY RELOCATE TO BIRMINGHAM, AL?
Work for a Public R1, Be a Part of Something Positive:
- UAB, one of the top public R1 universities in Alabama, was recently named "America's Best Large Employer" by Forbes Magazine
- UAB has won several awards for diversity, and in 2019 was voted among the best colleges for LGBTQ students.
- There is still plenty of work to be done, though. Join UAB as we work on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), and join UAB Libraries as we work to preserve the historical and cultural heritage of Birmingham and UAB.
Opportunities To Grow Your Career:
- UAB Libraries aims to be a Learning Organization, where mistakes are seen as opportunities for growth.
- In this position, you will develop new skills in librarianship and information technology.
- We know that you may not be at UAB forever, and we want to prepare you for the next destination on your career path.
- With UAB's Educational Assistance program, you can earn another advanced degree while you're here.
Work-Life Balance, Life in a Small City:
- Birmingham has been attracting startups and technology firms in recent years because of our beautiful climate and relatively low cost of living.
- We have all of the cultural and entertainment options that you'd expect from a large city, but without the smog and sprawl.
- In the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Birmingham is also perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.
- APPLY TO THIS POSITION:
- ABOUT UAB:
- ABOUT BIRMINGHAM:
Last updated: Wednesday, September 7, 2022 19:33 UTC