Andiamo has partnered with Rockefeller University in search of a Data Services Librarian.
The Data Services Librarian is primarily responsible for the development, implementation, outreach, and support of data management activities at the University Library. The secondary role of the Data Services Librarian includes generating reports detailing research productivity (publications, preprints, etc.) as required for the University Administration and maintaining the author publication database. Will ensure all publications from the University are compliant with all federal mandates regarding open access, provide support and guidance for scientists and lab managers, and develop training and workshops around this topic. Will provide general reference services related to the various platforms offered by the Library.
This encompasses developing and maintaining Libguides relating to the various platforms, developing training sessions, providing group or one on one assistance, identifying new and relevant, producing emails/blog posts to update the University community on Library products and services, and assisting in the generation of reading lists for various on-campus seminar series. The Data Service Librarian will also staff the circulation desk and assist patrons on-site, via email, and virtually.
· Master's Degree; Ph.D. degree is preferred.
· Must have experience using current data management standards and best practices, data repository systems.
· Scripting and programming languages (PHP, Perl, Python, R, etc.), preferred.
· Knowledge of metadata standards.
· Knowledge of copyright and licensing issues related to data deposit and sharing is required.
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, required.
· Experience working with biomedical and health sciences researchers, emphasizing informatics, scientific research, or managing research data, is preferred.
· Must be able to provide training on various platforms offered by the Library.
· Considerable knowledge changes in the data management landscape from the perspective of funders and publishers.
Last updated: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 15:18 UTC