Reporting to the Head, Web and Application Development Services, the Web Developer is responsible for supporting the technical development and maintenance of the UNLV Libraries' websites and integrated applications.
The incumbent works collaboratively with colleagues on original coding, application integrations, and the technical development and enhancement of the Libraries' website, including databases, content management system components, and digital data repositories. This work requires a mix of technical skills, including developing, maintaining, and documenting PHP/MySQL applications in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Design, develop, and implement applications and new functionality associated with the Libraries' public websites, including original programming and scripting.
- Develop back-end components and modules supporting the Libraries' website content management system (currently Drupal 9)
- Integrates other locally developed and/or commercial applications for seamless use in conjunction with the Libraries' website and the web-accessible services it offers.
- Develops standalone databases / applications fulfilling an expressed need serving the patron or library staff environments
- Codes and creates original webpages and websites from various planning documents and directives.
- Maintain and provide functionality updates to existing applications
- Maintain awareness of evolving technical developments, best practices in the web and application development fields and commercial vendor product developments and enhancements
This position may be eligible for a flexible work arrangement in accordance with the UNLV Flexible Work Policy and is evaluated on a case by case basis.
How to apply
Published: Friday, July 8, 2022 16:31 UTC
Last updated: Friday, July 8, 2022 16:31 UTC