Senior Audio, Video, and Emerging Technology Specialist
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library is looking for a candidate who gets excited helping customers, enjoys learning new technologies, and can manage multiple projects at once to be part of our Workstation and Network Support (WNS) team in Library IT. The Library offers opportunities to work with technologies ranging from standard conference room setups to AR/VR/XR technologies and beyond. This position will primarily provide planning, design, acquisition, and project coordination support for the many A/V and emerging technology projects that result from facilities and unit activities across the Library. This position will liaise with the technology intensive units such as Media Commons, Scholarly Commons, and IDEA Lab to promote scaled technology deployments, centralized services, and standards where possible. The incumbent will provide excellent customer service and perform implementation, training, and support as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A/V and Emerging Technology Planning and Design
- Provide planning and design for the A/V and emerging technology aspects of facilities and unit projects and scaled technology deployments (conf rooms, collab tables, digital signs, wireless presentation, etc) across the Library, promoting standardization where possible.
- Act as a liaison to technology intensive units in the Library, i.e. Media Commons, Scholarly Commons, and IDEA Lab, as well as, to key units on campus like Technology Services.
- Serve as a technical resource for colleagues, as well as an advisor to management on forward planning for A/V and emerging technology, possibly participating on committees like Library Emerging and Integrated Technologies Coordination (LEITC).
- Drive life cycle management and roadmap planning for existing technology to align with trends and best practices, while recognizing budget limitations.
- Author proposals and create schematics as necessary to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of multiple A/V and emerging technology projects and ensure timely delivery of the solutions.
- Coordinate individual projects from inception to completion, indirectly managing resources, tracking tasks, identifying bottlenecks, and mitigating risks.
- Manage vendor engagements for A/V and emerging technology aspects of projects, i.e. A/V integrators or specialty suppliers.
- Produce necessary reporting to convey status to management and project teams.
AV and Emerging Technology Implementation, Training, and Support
- Partner with Library IT Help Desk and WNS staff on the implementation and support of A/V and emerging technologies and serve as an escalation path.
- Participate in troubleshooting; engage and manage vendors when needed.
- Coordinate documentation and training for units, individual users, and IT staff on the use of A/V and emerging technologies.
- Act as a technical and institutional resource for other Library IT staff, providing training and advice as needed.
- Research and determine trends in A/V and emerging technologies, integrate appropriately, and promote best practices.
Other Related Duties as Assigned
- Seven years of progressively more responsible experience in an IT related profession.
- College course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline may be substituted as follows: 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one (1) year, 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor’s Degree equals two (2) years.
- (Specialty Factor) Demonstrated professional experience working with audio-video systems? working with stakeholders to determine needs for AV enhanced environment? performing AV systems design reviews? commissioning, installing, and maintaining of professional AV systems? and troubleshooting and providing support to end users.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree.
- Demonstrated technology project coordination skills.
- Experience with tracking and applying emerging technology solutions, i.e. AR/VR/XR, IoT, innovative mobile or wireless solutions.
- Experience with training and supporting end users of technology.
- Experience troubleshooting complex technology systems.
- Experience with managing vendors or subcontractors.
- Experience working in a higher education environment
Successful Candidates will have:
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate.
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse staff and students.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Most work will be accomplished in a typical office work environment. Position may involve working off ladders and scaffolding at heights above 10’ in a classroom/office environment and/or lifting items up to 50 lbs. Work requires the ability to move around campus when needed. Some travel may be involved to attend conferences and other collaboration activities. On occasion, incumbent may need to work outside normal business hours in cases of system failure or scheduled deployments.
Applications must be received by February 17, 2022. Please apply at https://jobs.illinois.edu/technical-positions/job-details?jobID=157423&job=senior-audio-video-and-emerging-technology-specialist-library-it-157423 by clicking on the "Apply for postion" button.
How to apply
For further information about this specific position, contact Kim Hutcherson, firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
Published: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 15:50 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 15:50 UTC