Discovery and Systems Librarian
We at Hamilton are continuing to recruit, doing all interviewing remotely!
Hamilton College and its Library and Information Technology Services (LITS) division are trailblazers in supporting teaching, learning and faculty/student scholarship. In addition to the support provided for traditional library and IT services, LITS staff are actively engaged in efforts to support digital scholarship in innovative ways, including the campus wide Digital Hamilton strategic initiative. We are a member of national and regional consortia including the Oberlin Group, the Islandora Collaboration Group, the Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges, and the Council on Library and Information Resources.
We seek a collaborative, creative, strategic thinker to join LITS in the role of Discovery and Systems Librarian to help support our extensive information management systems. Reporting to the Associate Director, Metadata and Digital Initiatives, the incumbent will work alongside diverse faculty, student, librarian, and IT colleagues across campus and within open-source communities on projects that advance our systems used in research, teaching, and learning. The Discovery and Systems Librarian is broadly responsible for the enhancement and administration of traditional and emerging collection management systems, with a focus on how they integrate within and beyond the library, and how they are used by the diverse community of researchers, both at Hamilton College and beyond our campus.
LITS and Hamilton College have a strong commitment to the ongoing professional development of our employees, supporting and encouraging our staff to seek opportunities to expand and strengthen their skills. Experienced professionals as well as applicants with appropriate abilities and interests but without direct experience in particular tools or technologies are encouraged to apply.
- Eager to learn and experiment with new technologies
- Ability to overcome challenging technical issues
- Capable of fostering a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated commitment to building and supporting diversity
- Maintain and enhance traditional and emerging library systems
- Integrate library systems with campus and consortial systems
- Import/Export, transform, and expose metadata
- Monitor system health, and working in close collaboration with others, ensure that updates and maintenance are completed in a timely manner
- Prepare documentation of workflow procedures and systems
- Ensure library systems and patron data are aligned with college policies
- Work collaboratively with others in LITS and across campus to support digital scholarship
- Conduct consultations for students, faculty, and colleagues using library systems
- Respond to problems
- Recommend, implement, and create appropriate assessment methods
- As a representative of Hamilton College, participates actively in consortial groups to enhance and improve tools and procedures
How to apply
Published: Monday, March 30, 2020 19:43 UTC
Last updated: Monday, March 30, 2020 19:43 UTC