We are seeking support from an accredited company or experienced and competent individual to assist in the installation and development of the Koha library management system at a library in Basrah, Iraq.
This is a new small reference-only research library. We anticipate a bookstock of 5-10,000 books, c.20 journals and a small number of non-print media.
The library is in the new Basrah Museum, focussing on archaeology, antiquities and ancient history.
Our requirements are as follows:
- Small museum library for research
- The collection will be around 5-10,000 books max, some 500 archaeological maps and plans, c20 serial/journal titles and a small number of non-print media; with a small number of additions per month
- The software should be downloaded onto a standalone pc
- The main purposes will be
- to act as a stock inventory
- for cataloguing and
- resource discovery
(Note: This is not a circulating / lending library)
- The information should also be available
- On an OPAC in the library
- For remote access and promotion via the Internet
- We will wish to use RFID tags for records and security.
- We envisage up to 20 max concurrent users plus a small team of 2-5 staff and 2-3 volunteers
OPAC Online Public Access Catalogue: Unlimited access
KOHA Concurrent Users: Limited to 20 concurrent users in-library
Bibliographic Records “Titles”: max of 20,000 for the foreseeable future
Cataloguing Module and Authority Control: Required
Serials module: Required
Reports module: Basic reports only
Acquisition module: Most material will be donated and records created and entered by staff (or trained volunteers)
Administration module: Basic only required
Arabic and English support: Required
Cloud computing and cloud storage support: Desirable but not essential
Library Staff Client: Not clear. Probably not required
Profiling Consultancy, Installation & Testing: Required
Policy for backup: Assist in determining back up arrangements locally
Alongside installation we would require training either on site (preferably) or online.
We envisage that for a small number of staff and possibly volunteers, this should require about two days.
Training should take place using the library’s own equipment, collections and records
For onsite training we would provide travel and accommodation
Training would include
- Software download and maintenance
- Acquisition records
- Records entry and maintenance
- Resource discovery and information retrieval
Note: staff may be unqualified and/or have little experience of current library operations
- ONGOING SUPPORT
We would also wish to include an arrangement for ongoing advice and support on the basis of an agreed retainer. Other unforeseen costs would be considered as they arise.
If you would like to work with us please apply in writing (maximum two sides A4) including
- Information about your qualifications, skills and previous experience
- How you would wish to undertake the tasks
- Who would be undertaking the work
- Costs for the three elements – Installation, Training and Ongoing support
- Your contact details
Please return your proposal no later than Friday 8th November 2019.
Last updated: Friday, October 25, 2019 18:50 UTC