DescriptionPSU Lamson Library is seeking a tenure track librarian to provide metadata expertise and serve as the primary resource on MARC and non-MARC metadata. The Metadata Resources Librarian joins the Digital Projects Librarian in a team working with other departments across campus, guiding the selection and use of metadata schemas for the University's evolving digital collections.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years practical experience with non-MARC metadata in a library environment.
- Significant experience with XML-based standards (e.g. Dublin Core, MODS, VRA Core, METS, PREMIS).
- Professional or paraprofessional cataloging experience in an academic or research library.
- Knowledge of current cataloging rules and standards including AACR2rev, LCRI, LCSH, MARC formats, RDA and the Library of Congress subject headings and classification system.
- Demonstrated leadership or project management experience.
- Familiarity with Content DM or other digital repositories.
- Awareness of current issues and trends in metadata and digital library development.
- Experience using OCLC Connexion and WorldCat database.
- Aptitude for complex, analytical work with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure that departmental and library goals are realized.
- Experience with an integrated library system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to meet the PSU's criteria for advancement and promotion.
- Significant experience in the transformation of XML documents using XSLT.
- Experience using MarcEdit.
- Experience with loading records and batch processing of records.
- Experience providing reference and library instruction services in an academic library
- Familiarity with archival description and best practices.
- Background in Science for liaison duties with departments and familiarity with terminology for IR metadata.
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012 02:22 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC