Vassar College Libraries seeks a forward-thinking and collaborative Head of Digital Scholarship and Technology Services. The Head of Digital Scholarship and Technology Services leads efforts to explore, support, and sustain digitally enhanced modes of learning and research, while ensuring that library collections and services are well supported through the use of digital technologies. The incumbent oversees a number of ongoing initiatives, including the management of technology-enhanced spaces in the library, digital repository services, and digital collections development. The Head of Digital Scholarship and Technology Services prioritizes and manages projects collaboratively, alongside colleagues in the libraries, Computing and Information Services, and the faculty.
The Head of Digital Scholarship and Technology Services plays a leading role in strategic decisions relating to library technology and online services. The incumbent serves as part of the Vassar College Libraries' senior management team and participates in discussions that impact all areas of the libraries. The Head of Digital Scholarship and Technology Services reports to the Director of the Libraries and supervises a team of three.
This opportunity comes at a particularly exciting time for Vassar, as a newly designed curriculum places greater emphasis on students working outside of traditional classroom settings, creating new opportunities for partnerships across campus.
- A Master's degree in Library or Information Science with at least 3 years' of experience managing a technology group and serving as part of a dynamic team. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Advanced knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in library technology, scholarly communication, and digital scholarship;
- Strong background working with and/or developing common library technologies, including web applications, digital repositories, and library systems tools;
- Ability to work hands-on with library technologies as appropriate;
- Proficiency with one or more project management methodologies;
- Knowledge of budgeting and grant management practices;
- Ability to communicate priorities and manage staff work;
- Excellent communications skills and a willingness to work closely with colleagues in other departments;
- Competence and sensitivity in working at a college in which students are broadly diverse with regard to many facets of identity, including but not limited to gender, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Vassar College is a smoke free/tobacco free campus.
Submitted by: andyashton
Published: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 14:42 UTC