Network Administrator Senior
Western Michigan University Libraries seeks a Network Administrator Senior to join their IT Services team. This position maintains computing hardware and software and supports University Libraries end-users, often in a lead capacity.
- Prepares computing equipment and peripherals for faculty, staff and instructional laboratories. Installs operating system and application software and configures for end-users. Ensures equipment meets University standards.
- Provides technical and problem solving support to end-users for all standard and department-specific applications.
- Provides support to classroom instruction, including setting up audio-visual equipment, recording, streaming or other instructional technology needs.
- Maintains the department's servers and local area network, including back-up and restore processes.
- Maintains and instructs end-users on department and University policies governing computer usage and data security.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of the department's computing equipment and coordinates these records with the University's information technology inventory system.
- Administers user groups for the department.
- Monitors network performance and resolves any network performance issues.
- Recommends changes or improvements to the department's information technology hardware and software.
- Represents the department's needs and interests to the University's information technology planning groups.
- Provides direction to student employees who provide assistance in computing laboratories or maintaining equipment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field from an accredited institution, or a bachelor's degree in a non-related field from an accredited institution combined with relevant experience.
- Five years' relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be available to provide system maintenance or end-user support outside of normal business hours.
- Set-up and maintenance of instructional technology hardware and software.
- Relevant industry certification.
- Three years’ experience managing Linux and/or Windows servers.
- Experience managing a virtualized server environment.
- Two years’ experience managing Windows image deployments, SCCM, Active Directory, administering LAMP-based web applications, and shell scripting.
- Project management experience.
- Supervisory experience.
For complete description, minimum requirements and application procedures, visit our website at: www.wmujobs.org/applicants/Central?quickFind=56511 . Only applications submitted through this site will be considered. Posting # 0604572.
WMU is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and all other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Western Michigan University Libraries
1903 W. Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5353
Published: Friday, July 6, 2018 20:58 UTC
Last updated: Friday, July 6, 2018 20:58 UTC