Reporting to the Associate Dean for Technology Initiatives, the Head of Digital Programs will be forward-thinking, capable of conveying technical issues to diverse constituencies, enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, and be experienced with varied digital services/systems. He/she will promote the Libraries at state and national arenas and develop collaborative relationships with Libraries' departments and campus units/departments to ensure continued digital collections growth and a robust web presence. Incumbent is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of the following areas: web services, digitization, digital library management, digital preservation, and digital scholarship/digital humanities and supervising 6 FTE.
· 35% Develops innovative and effective strategies for the Libraries' digitization and preservation operations; Develops and documents policies and procedures designed to ensure the access and preservation of digital assets; Monitors trends in the reformatting and digital arenas and recommends activities to anticipate developing needs; Establishes and maintains compliance with national standards relating to accessibility and preservation of digital information.
· 25% Serves as an ambassador for the Libraries digital programs by building and maintaining effective working relationships to foster productive collaborations with all levels of the organization, with the university community, and external partners; Serves as a main contact for all partners in digital project development and digital preservation; Assists in securing administrative and/or external funding through grants and contracts to facilitate future digital collection growth.
· 15% Supervises the development and management of the Libraries' online presence which includes all web pages and systems such as the Louisiana Digital Library and Discovery, digital exhibitions, and digital scholarship.
· 15% Works to meet tenure and promotion requirements.
· 10% Works closely with Libraries IT/Systems team to ensure continued development of the Louisiana Digital Library platform and other systems such as ArchivesSpace; Works with Resource Description & Metadata Services to coordinate the development of metadata to support the discovery and management of digital content including digital scholarship, digitized collections, born-digital archives, and research data.
· Master degree from an ALA-accredited library school or other relevant degree.
· 5 years’ experience managing digital projects, services, and related personnel.
· Management skills in innovative & changing technology environment.
· Experience bringing complex digital projects to completion.
· Substantial knowledge of digital libraries, digital preservation, and digital scholarship.
· Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and foster productive collaboration.
· 3 years working in a higher education setting, preferably an academic library managing digital projects.
· Grant applications & funded projects.
· Understanding of technology issues & best practices in libraries/higher ed.
· Involvement in professional association or discipline.
· Familiarity with Islandora or other Fedora-based system, ArchivesSpace, and web development practices.
How to apply
Published: Monday, June 26, 2017 18:07 UTC
Last updated: Monday, June 26, 2017 18:07 UTC