DescriptionMannheim University Library seeks a software developer for the research project Aktienführer II funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). The project will focus on the application of optical character recognition (OCR) and language processing tools for large-scale digitization of financial yearbooks from print to structured research data.
- Software development
- OCR and semi-automatic post-correction
- Fine-grained automatic structuring of the recognized text including tests and adjustments
- Database import and tuning
- Data normalization, matching, enrichment
- Web development, including search and export interfaces
- Project management
- Master’s degree (or comparable)
- Strong coding skills
- Quick thinker and team player
- Eager to learn and apply new technologies
- German speaker
- Interest in image processing, document analysis, optical character recognition, text processing
- Enthusiasm for Open Source
- Working knowledge of Git and GitHub
- UNIX shell and scripting languages
- Know-how in markup and data formats (JSON, XML, YAML, CSV...)
- Interest in modern deployment and Continuous Integration strategies (Docker, Travis CI…)
- a challenging and versatile occupation in a baroque castle
- various possibilities for training and further education
- subsidized public transport ticket (RNV)
- flexible working hours
The position will be available for 24 months. The salary is according to university pay scale (E 13 TV-L).
The university advocates the equality of women and men and therefore encourages women to apply. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference, if equally qualified.
Apply until September 23rd, 2016!
See http://www.bib.uni-mannheim.de/30.html for the details.
How to apply
Published: Friday, August 26, 2016 13:13 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC