DescriptionAmerican University Library invites applications for a Web Developer.
The Web Developer ensures that the Library’s website is responsive and accessible, and is responsible for the Library’s website strategy, architecture, and the user experience. The incumbent will design, develop, customize, and integrate web applications for the Library website. This position develops applications to optimize discoverability of third party research content, as well as systematic processes for website usability testing. The incumbent works closely with campus partners and stakeholders to ensure that the design, delivery, and operation of web services are optimal and in support of the needs of American University Library
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field, or the equivalent in education, training, and experience.
• Five years’ experience of progressively responsible experience including building or designing solutions for web based technology, working with cross functional teams, participating in project development, and leading progressively complex projects
• Experience developing user-centered applications integrating RESTful API’s
• Experience with project lifecycles, source code management, and code reviews
• Knowledge of current best practices in user experience and usability, accessibility, and Section 508 compliance
• Experience with databases, preferably Oracle and MS SQL Server or similar
• Experience with usability testing
• Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to demonstrate past success working with multiple stakeholders in ways that were both inclusive and data-driven
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should view the University’s outstanding benefits package on our web site at http://www.american.edu/hr/.
The Library website has become the primary service point for students and researchers, and will only increase in importance as both users and resources are increasingly online. A candidate who is committed to the user experience, takes initiative to collect data and innovate, and ultimately finds the best solutions for Library users as they carry out their research will succeed in this role.
Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
To apply, log in to the AU careers website (https://jobs.american.edu/JobPosting.aspx?JPID=5460) to complete the online application and upload your cover letter and resume.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, March 31, 2016 17:02 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC