Digital Systems and Software Manager
Atlanta University Center — Atlanta
0 other recent jobs
Created: October 25, 2015
DescriptionThe Digital Systems and Software Manager will support the continued development, implementation and use of emerging technologies that enrich the teaching and learning landscape. S/he will collaborate with library and technology staff to identify, investigate and support relevant software solutions for library and archival open source applications including but not limited to, Archivists Toolkit, ArchivesSpace, MetaArchive, Omeka, XTF, Fedora, and Hydra. The Digital Systems and Software Manager will research, test and propose initiatives for technology innovations for the library in support of strategic goals, and will provide support and customizations for applications. S/he will assist with the creation, maintenance and/or revision of relevant website and digital content management and preservation systems.
• Explore and identify new and emerging technologies in collaboration with library and technology staff to deliver information and services to library users.
• Assist in the development of new systems and applications including project management, planning and staff training.
• Work with Archives Research Center staff to facilitate online access to new and legacy collections to ensure timely and convenient access by students, community and scholars worldwide.
• Improve the efficiency and integration of existing implementations such as ArchivesSpace and XTF (eXtensibe Text Framework) including developing custom style sheets, migrations, upgrades and customizations.
• Support long term access and preservation of digital assets including providing server level management, upgrades and local customization of content management and digital repository systems.
• Update and maintain the organization’s website.
• Collaborate with library staff in developing funding proposals to advance digital initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science. Master’s in Information Science (MIS) or equivalent degree desired
• Strong experience with languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, PHP
• Strong experience with Unix/Linux, Mac OSX and Windows operating systems
• Experience with Apache, MySQL, and Oracle
• Demonstrated experience with XML and database design and construction; advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS and website creation and maintenance
• Experience with Integrated Library Systems (OCLC’s WMS preferred)
• Broad understanding of emerging trends in digital repositories and metadata development and maintenance for local digital collections
• Knowledge of standards based metadata schema including encoded archival description (EAD), MARC XML, MODS and METS, and Dublin Core desirable
• Familiarity with repository software technologies both open source and vendor products, including CONTENTdm, DigitalCommons, Omeka, Fedora Commons, Hydra
• Experience leveraging library APIs
• Project management skills and knowledge of agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of current trends, technology, standards, and practices of archives management
• Analytical, organizational, and oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and to foster a team environment
• Ability to negotiate conflict among users and staff
• Ability to problem solve (identifying, exercising good judgment, solving)
• Attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and be accountable for results
• Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, company paid disability plans, company match retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please include three professional references and salary requirements. This position will remain open until filled.
The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library and to view the full job description visit us online at https://www.auctr.edu.
How to apply
Published: Sunday, October 25, 2015 04:11 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC