DescriptionThe University of Wyoming seeks applicants for a Digital Collections Librarian to join our growing Digital Collections office. This position builds digital collections, manages the digital repository, and supports related initiatives and projects across multiple disciplines.
Manage Digital UW (http://uwdigital.uwyo.edu/), the Libraries’ digital repository, including daily operations, digitization of new content, and maintenance of existing digital collections. Current digital projects involve working with data sets, 3D visualization and modeling, online exhibits, digital herbaria, and more. Guide digital projects from start to finish, including project planning, procedures and documentation, workflows, timelines, and assessment. Collaborate closely with digital collections staff, library faculty, and university faculty and departments to identify and grow new digital collections. Coordinate with library Systems staff and university IT on maintenance and development of digital platforms. Prioritize digital projects and work with faculty to propose and develop new digital strategies for the future. Provide training on the digital repository for staff, librarians, and faculty.Work closely with Digital Collections staff on repository support and maintenance.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service and professional development. (www.uwyo.edu/generalcounsel/_files/docs/UW-Reg-7-631.pdf.) This position reports to the Head of Digital Collections.
- ALA-accredited MLS, MIS, or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with librarians, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital scholarship and related technologies
- Experience with the Islandora digital repository platform (or similar systems such as Fedora, Hydra, or Dspace)
- Demonstrated knowledge of metadata standards (such as Dublin Core, MODS, RDF, MARC XML)
- Demonstrated ability to work with digital initiatives in a library environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital conversion, file transfer, and file management
- Demonstrated success with project management, leading project groups/ teams, and bringing diverse stakeholders together
- Experience with scripting languages (such as PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby)
- Demonstrated ability to assess services or collections
- Demonstrated research interest and scholarly activity in the field
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC