Develop basic software solutions for the Library's web-based digital programs. Involves researching, designing and testing software supporting a digital library system.
- Participate in systems design, development, implementation and support of digital repositories.
- Design, develop and support digital and archival collections.
- Perform data harvesting and normalization activities.
- Investigate, test and recommend digital library software and technologies.
- Provide support for digital preservation initiatives.
- Recommend and document standards, policies and procedures associated with digital library.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to three years job related experience.
- This job requires a basic knowledge and skill in application of a variety of specialized operating system and other software required for developing web-based digital programs. Also required are skills in organization and customer service.
- Experience working with APIs and a solid understanding of web protocols and technologies
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, JSON
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of metadata formats (e.g. MARC, METS, MODS, Dublin Core, EAD, PREMIS)
- Familiarity with repository related applications and digital asset management technologies (e.g. Fedora, Hydra, Blacklight)
Impact & Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Library management and staff, faculty. This position typically will advise and counsel: Library management.
The incumbent, working with existing Library information technology professionals, archival specialists, faculty, and librarians, will play a key role in the development, planning, documentation, and deployment of a new and enhanced digital library repository infrastructure.
The Georgia Institute of Technology Library is seeking a Digital Library Developer to help advance the discovery, sharing, preservation, showcasing and reuse of Georgia Tech scholarship and archival materials. Library digital initiatives promote open access to scholarship, and help researchers comply with Institute and federal requirements for sharing and preserving research outputs, including academic publications and datasets.
This position will be a part of the library's IT&D department and will partner with library faculty to support the library's digital initiatives. This position is also a key contributor to the library's renewal efforts and will work with cross functional teams to develop web-based digital programs.Prior to applying for this exciting opportunity, you are encouraged to learn more about the Library’s Renewal initiative by visiting: http://renewal.library.gatech.edu.
Candidates must apply through the Georgia Tech Human Resources site for consideration.
Please reference, Job #: 0171704
How to apply
Douglas G Goans
Published: Thursday, August 27, 2015 13:46 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC