Contract Remote / Telecommute
Qualitative Data Repository (MDR) - Syracuse University — Syracuse University
0 other recent jobs
Created: July 27, 2015
DescriptionDrupal Developer Qualitative Data Repository (QDR)
Center for Qualitative and Multi‐Method Inquiry, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs Syracuse University
The Qualitative Data Repository (QDR, www.qdr.org) curates, manages, archives, and preserves digital data (and accompanying documentation) generated through qualitative and multi‐method research in the social sciences. QDR also hosts the Methods Coordination Project (https://qdr.syr.edu/mcp), a bibliographic resource covering a range of data‐collection techniques and analytic methods employed in the social sciences.
We are looking for a developer to join our small, dedicated, entrepreneurial team with responsibilities for researching, designing, and building technical solutions to support QDR’s functions.
- Assess, develop, and maintain Drupal website and integrate it into Fedora‐based Islandora repository system.
- Provide input to and evaluate work done by third‐party development firms contracted by QDR.
- Provide tool development, maintenance, and support services for ongoing application development.
- Participate in continued development of applications for storing, managing, retrieving, and presenting content.
- Provide quality assurance for active developments, execute test plans, and resolve bugs and issues.
- Provide timely and thorough technical documentation, and keep all documentation current.
- Attend meetings and carry out other duties as assigned.
- In‐depth knowledge of Drupal development: building, theming, and coding of modules
- Experience in web application development
- Ability to translate software requirements into functional applications
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with digital object repository architecture
- Solid understanding of relational database architecture
- Knowledge and experience with Fedora Data Repository and Islandora Drupal modules
- Experience working with Apache Solr/Lucene search platform
- Basic familiarity with metadata schemas, standards and protocols e.g. OAI‐PMH, DDI
- Experience working in educational institutions
- Bachelors degree in a technical field
- Interest in open source software development
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with technical and non‐technical staff in distributed, fast‐paced team environment
- Short‐term contract with possibility for extension based on performance
- 20 hours/week.
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Remote work OK; meetings routinely held on Skype.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC