DescriptionNew York University, Division of Libraries is enthusiastically seeking a Systems Administrator to manage day-to-day operation of hardware and software on servers that support the Division of Libraries applications.
• Perform installation, testing, maintenance, upgrades and administration of hardware, operating systems and application software.
• Fine-tune systems configuration for reliability and performance; develop monitoring and testing tools; troubleshoot problems; and ensure systems remains operational.
• Monitor systems for performance and security; implement system policies to adhere to departmental policies and standards and user needs; recommend and evaluate hardware, software and systems architecture and specifications for new systems based on industry trends and Library and user needs.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Bachelors Degree
• 3 or more years of increasingly responsible professional level experience with system administration including installation, maintenance and support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• May require related specific experience with any of the following: operating systems, servers, hardware, network administration, authentication systems, client server applications, designing/developing system enhancements and software applications, programming experience with modern languages (Java, SQL, UNIX)and, application software, protocols, tools and utilities.
• Proficiency with multi-vendor hardware/software management, security, network/Internet protocols.
• May require any of the following: problem identification/resolution, performance management/tuning, and design configuration/planning.
• May require related specific experience with any of the following: operating systems including Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
• Knowledge of related large-scale computing systems and/or product installs and maintenance.
• Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience.
Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
Experience/knowledge of SQL Server highly desirable
New York University Libraries:
Libraries at New York University serve the school’s 40,000 students and faculty and contain more than 5 million volumes. The Libraries supports NYU’s vision to become the first true Global Network University by collaborating and providing services to our global academic centers and “portal campuses” in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai. New York University Libraries is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the OCLC Research Library Partnership, and the HathiTrust. The Libraries participates in a variety of consortia and collaborates closely with Columbia University Libraries and the New York Public Library through the Manhattan Research Library Consortium. For the NYU Libraries Mission and Strategic Plan go to: http://library.nyu.edu/about/Strategic_Plan.pdf
Salary commensurate with experience and background. NYU offers a generous benefit package including 22 days of vacation annually.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of application that specifically states how background and experiences are relevant to the position responsibilities and qualifications; current resume; and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
Please apply through NYU's application management system. Please click on the following link or copy and paste it onto your browser.
We accept online applications only.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC