Position Summary: The Web/Electronic Services Coordinator at the Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library is a crucial member of the library staff. This position works closely with staff in the library operations department and the reference and instruction department in order to provide web-based access to the library’s vast electronic collections and services, and integrate specialized library software. Other duties include responsibility for the library’s mobile presence, instruction, currency with new technologies including web 2.0 applications, and membership on various library committees. This position reports to the Associate Director for Education, Information, and Technology Services.
• Upgrade content and design of library website based on usability as new requirements arise.
• Enhance and maintain library website and mobile presence, in conjunction with Publications Specialist/Web Assistant and Systems Librarian.
• Develop and support custom and specialized library applications; work closely with library departments to determine development and implementation requirements.
• Document all library development projects.
• Customize interface and handle accounts for various library systems including LibGuides.
• Chair library Web Committee.
• Serve on various library committees.
• Evaluate and integrate new technologies for use on the library site and in library-related instruction.
• Manage the library’s social media presence.
• Participates in School of Medicine and Health Sciences Clinical Skills and Reasoning course as librarian tutor.
• Participate in the departmental Library Liaison program providing instruction and informational services to various departments (both academic and clinical), in conjunction with reference department.
• Partner with the reference department to develop web-delivered courses and instructional materials.
• Contribute to library marketing and communication activities.
• Supervise Library Publications Specialist/Web Assistant (FT).
• Coordinate activities with Marketing and Communications Department and Academic and Web Services.
• Other duties as assigned.
*Preferred:* Library work or project experience; supervisory experience; strong project management skills; knowledge of health sciences resources and environment; experience with usability testing, Cold Fusion and Drupal; familiarity with Google Apps and Analytics, and Responsive Design; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of library staff.
The minimum salary is from $63,000, based on experience and qualifications, plus excellent academic benefits.* Application procedure:* The review of applications will begin on August 14, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered. The successful candidate will be required to submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Apply online at https://www.gwu.jobs/. You will be asked to submit a resume, cover letter that outlines assessment of skills as they relate to basic qualifications, salary requirement, and the names contact information of 3 references including telephone numbers and addresses. *Only complete applications will be considered.*
The George Washington University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC