DescriptionWe're looking for a software developer who draws on deep knowledge of software engineering practices and experience to enhance and further develop existing SaaS web applications in the ProQuest suite of solutions. You will develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications in an agile (SCRUM) environment.
Are you someone who loves to crank through stuff and not get bogged down? We’ll push you to take your career to the next level.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Work with Agile/Scrum team, including Database Engineer, Program Manager, QA, Business Owners, IT/Operation and Management, to assess options and provide solutions in support of products and systems
- Understanding of each module/component within product
- Participation in technical meetings and discussions and provide statuses to stakeholders and project team
- Create task lists based on stories and provide estimates of tasks
- Constantly seeking technical improvement in code base
- Create unit tests for all developed code
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet project deadlines
What you'll have experience doing:
- 5+ years of front end web application development experience
- 3+ years of Java development experience (Java/JSP/Servlet/JDBC)
- Solid background working with SQL and relational database concepts
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for UI components
- Excellent problem solver with strong analytical and logical skills
- Strong communicator with technical and non- technical team members
- Willing to tackle and understand complex problems
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodology
- TSQL Experience a big plus
- Library Industry experience a strong factor
Here’s what you want to know about the Seattle office
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across the street from Fremont’s best pub
Great benefits: Plus some unique stuff like monthly transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, and active “Green Team” and good morale
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI.
How to apply
Published: Friday, August 15, 2014 23:22 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC