DescriptionThe University of Chicago Library is seeking a programmer/consultant to work on a contract basis. The project work will consist of extending our open source VuFind search interface, allowing it to search the collections of our consortial partners, and routing users to relevant consortial borrowing options. The programmer will develop modules for VuFind, using PHP and Zend Framework 2, which will interact with APIs for WorldCat and the Relais D2D consortial discovery and delivery service. Code developed for this project should be able to be integrated into the VuFind code base, so coordination with the VuFind development community will be required.
Desired qualifications include:
• Experience developing with PHP frameworks (Zend Framework 2 preferred)
• Experience working with RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of library bibliographic data formats (MARC and related structures)
• Experience working with open source communities
• Previous VuFind experience highly desirable
If interested, please respond to David Bietila with resume, availability, and hourly consulting fee.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 19:59 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC