LAC Group seeks experienced Web Librarian on behalf of our client, a prestigious government agency library. Web Librarian will have thorough knowledge of web-based library resources (electronic resources), web page management, OPACs, and Internet-based services. Position subject to contract award. Work location Washington, D.C.
* Perform web-based library services including electronic reference, e-resources accessed via the Internet, managing web-based content, and other related functions.
* Provides general input and suggestions for improvement of processes and products for the benefit of the library's clientele
* Assists users in formulating search strategies and in locating materials using all available sources and tools
* Maintains current awareness about new products and sources of relevant materials or information. Coordinates with government counterparts when information requests include extensive research
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 5 years relevant experience are mandatory
* MLS from an ALA accredited institution preferred
* Work experience with Millennium's Innovative Interfaces Inc (III) integrated library system, OCLC Worldcat, EBSCO, Innopac, Webpac Pro, or other similar library automation software is highly desired
* Knowledge of HTML (XHTML, HTML5), CSS, RSS, and web-accessibility issues are strongly preferred.
* Experience with electronic resources management (ERM) and content management systems (CMS) are strongly preferred
To Apply: To submit your application please visit: http://bit.ly/WebLibrarianDC
To view all of our currently open positions please visit: http://lac-group.com/lac-group/careers/
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Patty De Anda Gates Communications & Projects Associate 323.302.9439 - direct 323.852.1083 - main 323.852.1093 - fax
LAC Group, 6500 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2240, Los Angeles, CA 90048 LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=1235317> | LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAC-Group/136401033040717?v=app_4949752878&ref=ts#!/pages/LAC-Group/136401033040717?v=wall&ref=ts> | LAC on Twitter<http://twitter.com/libassociates> | LAC Group Newsletter Sign-up<http://lac-group.com/lac-group/newsletter/> lac-group.com<http://lac-group.com/>
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender.
How to apply
Patty De Anda Gates
Published: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 23:52 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC