DescriptionNYU Langone Medical Center -- world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center -- one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in health care, biomedical research, and medical education located in the heart of New York City.
We are hiring IT professionals!!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Java Solutions Developer (II).
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- implementing applications to provide technology support for core library services for the research, education and clinical missions;
- integrating and interfacing applications using Medical Center technology standards, including authentication and HIPAA compliant security standards;
- working with others to create interfaces and data loads to leverage and contribute to enterprise data flow initiatives;
- working on collaborative teams to design and implement solutions;
- working on project teams to document requirements and plan and manage the implementation of systems and system-enhancements; plus all related job functions.
To qualify you must have
- a Bachelor's degree in related technical field such as computer science or information systems with a minimum of two years experience in Java development;
- minimum of two years experience in Oracle 10g database/MySQL 5.x+;
- as well as experience with using RDF/ontologies in application development;
- minimum of two years experience creating custom applications or modifying custom applications.
Experience in Open Linked Data application, Open source applications, RDF/OWL, XML/XSLT and webservice, SharePoint 2010, 2013, mobile development in HTML 5., administering Solaris/Linux/other Unix-based systems, Solr, and Library or informatics experience plus experience designing/developing web-based applications in php, python and perl preferred.
Excellent communication skills are essential.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal employment/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital/or parental status, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veterans status, or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, State, or Municipal Law. We require applications to be completed online.
Published: Thursday, September 5, 2013 20:07 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC