DescriptionThe Web Developer (BTAA) is a member of Digital Library Initiatives, an NCSU Libraries department that develops innovative projects to advance end-user resource discovery and use of library services.
Essential Job Duties
- Experience designing and querying relational databases.
- Experience adapting quickly to changing technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to develop functional documentation and communicate clearly with business stakeholders about technical issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience managing implementation projects and working directly with functional customers.
- Experience with a variety of web services and web technologies such as object-oriented frameworks (Rails, Zend) and jQuery as well as HTML5 and related technologies.
- Knowledge of best practices in accessibility for web applications.
- Experience using a version control tool like Git for code management.
- Experience managing or contributing code to open source projects.
Bachelor’s degree with nine credit hours in programming and one year of experience in business application consulting or development; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
See full vacancy announcement with application instructions and hiring range at http://go.ncsu.edu/mqpk3j
AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation or genetic information. For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC