DescriptionThe Most Beautiful Things On Earth.
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures and Spark Capital 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Ebay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com and Twitter.
As a Classification/Taxonomy Manager at 1stdibs, you will lead taxonomy development to classify the extensive product selection on our marketplace platform. You will partner with industry experts and usability managers to build a scalable and user-friendly classification system that will enable a compelling shopping experience. Candidates must be data experts, creative problem solvers, and passionate user advocates. You must also thrive in a fast-paced, team-based, environment that believes in failing fast and delivering results.
- Define taxonomy and metadata to classify an extensive online marketplace of rare, one-of-a-kind inventory and editorial content
- Lead and manage a team of analysts; partner regularly with the product and technology teams
- Build comprehensive and well-documented taxonomy processes that can be scalable to other teams and with the company’s rapid growth
- Collaborate and manage relationships with vendors
- Define and manage quality assurance processes to ensure quality standards of our classification schema, constantly seeking to improve
- Implement methods to improve search relevance by normalizing search queries and build faceted navigation
- Measure user adoption and improve product taxonomy over time
- Collaborate with SEO & analytics team on metadata implementation & taxonomy improvements
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree required, with an emphasis in library or information science
- 3+ years of experience in a taxonomy, classification, or content management role
- 1+ years in a management/supervisory role
- Experience with indexing systems and search engines such as Solr
- Experience in eCommerce is a plus
- Comfortable in an agile environment of rapid iteration and experimentation, prototyping at various levels of fidelity.
- Working knowledge of metadata standards, schemas, and other types of structured data (for ecommerce, art, and design a plus)
- Dexterity with concept modeling tools or software such as MySQL workbench, omnigraffle, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and familiarity with programming languages such as php, SQL is a plus
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC