A grant-funded position that creates and updates metadata for titles in the Fox Movietone News Collection; oversees student and volunteer assistant project catalogers; and ensures project adherence to metadata standards and best practices. This position is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) position. It will last through May 14, 2015 with the possibility of extension beyond that date. This position provides health insurance, retirement, annual leave and sick leave. This position is established in support of expanded research activities or projects.
- Master's degree in library science or a related field and 1 year library experience; or bachelor's degree in library science or related field and 3 years library experience. Degree must be from an ALA accredited college or university.
- Requires strong written communication skills and careful attention to detail.
- Knowledge of PBCore, Dublin Core, MODS, and OAI standards, and Library of Congress subject headings.
- Familiarity with FileMaker Pro, Archivists' Toolkit, and Islandora software.
- Experience with describing newsreel collections.
- Broad knowledge of moving image and 20th century history.
- SLED background check is required.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Occasional work at other than normal times may be required.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC