We are looking for a Web designer to update and innovate the JMIR websites!
JMIR Publications is an open access academic publisher based in Toronto, Canada, and is the leading publisher of peer-reviewed journals in the ehealth domain. We are the leading open access publisher focussing on technology and bioengineering in health, and are expanding into other areas. Our mission is to reinvent research communication through grassroots, researcher-driven innovation in every aspect of peer-reviewed publishing, making use of Internet, social media, and mobile technologies, and we are currently expanding into other science domains.
Recent successful journal launches include JMIR Research Protocols and interactive Journal of Medical Research (i-JMR). To expand our journal portfolio we are continuously looking for gaps in the journal market, societies interested in creating new journals or looking for new publishers, and visionary and highly regarded scientists, primarily working at the intersections between technology and medicine, to lead the creation and development of new journals in emerging disciplines and rapidly expanding research areas. Building on the JMIR brand, possible new titles could include JMIR mHealth, JMIR Serious Games, JMIR Bioinformatics, JMIR Biomedical Engineering, or individual titles without the JMIR branding in the title.
- rebranding for JMIR Publications, Inc and individual journals (see below for journals)
- creating a centralized corporate site for JMIR Publications, Inc.
- updating existing Journal websites with a responsive design, improving usability and user experience (www.jmir.org; www.i-jmr.org; www.researchprotocols.org; mhealth.jmir.org; www.medicine20.com)
- business card design
- advertisement/promotion flyer design
- updating existing Medicine 2.0 Congress website (www.medicine20congress.com), including the networking component on one of the Congress pages
- rebranding of Medicine 2.0 Congress
- are familiar with Web 2.0 platforms
- be able to develop responsive designs
- have previous experience working with Open Journal System (OJS) installations [bonus!]
- accessibility designs [bonus!]
- easy for subscribers and account users to navigate
- create an enriched information environment that promotes user interest
- create an environment where users obtain a great sense of self-efficacy
If you are interested and qualified, please send us:
- your resume
- a sample of your portfolio
- a cover letter outlining potential ideas for our main page, www.jmir.org
Attn: Phil Cairns
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Subject: Web Designer application
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC