This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer to join a growing team in the area of Digital Scholarship and Technology at Florida State University Libraries as Web Developer. The successful applicant will have programming responsibilities for the library’s website and related applications as well as responsibility for the administration of the libraries’ Linux VMs.
The Web Developer will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to transition the FSU Library website to a Drupal platform. The Web Developer will also work to build out Islandora modules (http://islandora.ca) as part of the development of a new digital library platform.
- Responsible for the technical administration of the Library’s website, which will involve planning and implementing a move to Drupal in a team environment
- Installs, configures, and maintains a variety of web applications
- Works closely with the Florida Center for Library Automation (FCLA) to develop Islandora modules for digital content discovery
- Advises on in-house development vs. outsourcing (or combinations) as needs arise
- Develops and supports other library web-based and mobile applications as needed, i.e. computer availability maps, room checkout, stacks maps, etc.
- Maintains operating systems for web applications, and administers user accounts
- Participates in goal setting and project planning, including the development and implementation of grant proposals.
- BS in computer science, information systems or a related field.
- 4+ years of post-degree experience as a programmer/developer
- Demonstrated experience managing a Drupal web environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with the administration and security of a Linux server environment
- Proficiency in database design and administration
- Ability to manage source code in a revision control system such as Subversion or Git.
- Knowledge of LDAP, Shibboleth or other common methods of authentication
- Demonstrated experience with project management￼
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, including the documentation of code
- Experience working in an academic library digital library or web environment
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Library/Information Science or related field
- Experience with Islandora and/or Fedora OR similar digital library/IR environments.
- 2+ years in managing a Drupal web environment
- 2+ years experience developing Mobile web and/or Mobile applications (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Experience and/or understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge of metadata schemas i.e. Dublin Core, METS, MODS, PREMIS, RDF
- Supervisory experience
- Grant writing/management
This is a full-time, 12-month non-tenured faculty appointment. Benefits include 22 days vacation, 13 days sick leave, group medical, dental, and life insurance, an optional retirement program or state retirement, and no state or local income tax. With supervisor’s approval, may qualify for University tuition scholarship for up to six hours credit each semester. A full listing of benefits can be found at http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/SummaryofBenefits76.pdf
Located in beautiful Tallahassee, Florida’s capital city, a growing community with a population of more than 357,000, the Florida State University, a public, coeducational institution of the 11- member State University System of Florida, has an enrollment of over 40,000 students. The Library system includes ten libraries and a variety of subject based Library Resource Reading Rooms. Campus libraries have combined volume holdings totaling over 3 million volumes. The Library is a member of ARL, ASERL, CRL, OCLC, and Lyrasis. For more information about the Florida State University Libraries, see our home page at: http://www.lib.fsu.edu/
SALARY: Minimum starting salary - $60,000.
ANTICIPATED DATE OF HIRE: Summer 2012
Policia Clyne, Library Human Resources Florida State University Libraries Tallahassee, FL 32306-2047 email@example.com
Phone: (850) 645-8404 Fax: (850) 644-5016
How To Apply :
If qualified and interested in the position as advertised, please apply through the Florida State University job site at https://jobs.fsu.edu. (Job ID #33638)
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. In one attachment, please include a cover letter with a complete statement of qualifications, a full resume
￼￼￼of education and relevant experience, and the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three persons who are knowledgeable about your qualifications for this position.
Applications must include work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action Employer
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC