Project Acquisition Manager (Data Archiving Network Services)
Created: June 28, 2013
DescriptionWhere will you be working? DANS is a growing organisation, which currently employs a staff of 50. DANS provides services to various national and international research infrastructures enabling researchers to archive and share their research data. DANS participates in a wide variety of national and international projects.
What will you be doing?
- You will be seeking national and international funding opportunities for new projects.
- Often in collaboration with external partners, you will coordinate the realisation of project proposals and draw up these proposals with the relevant DANS content experts.
- You will provide project budgets in terms of time as well as money.
- You will maintain and expand a lively network of potential project funders and partners.
- In addition to acquiring projects, coordinating and supervising projects may also be part of your responsibilities.
- You hold a university degree.
- You have knowledge of digital developments in science (eScience, eHumanities).
- You are familiar with the national and international funding landscape surrounding DANS.
- You have a relevant and large, national and international network.
- You have extensive experience in acquiring, setting up and coordinating national and international projects.
- You are a good negotiator, a fast switcher, and you are used to working against tight deadlines.
- You possess good writing and editing skills.
- You have a good command of both written and spoken English.
This will be a temporary appointment for two years.
Where is your workplace? DANS is located at the Anna van Saksenlaan in The Hague, within walking distance of Laan van NOI Station.
Who can tell you more? For further information about this job opportunity, please contact Policy and Communications Manager Ingrid Dillo by email at Ingrid.firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about DANS is to be found on the website www.dans.knaw.nl.
How can you apply? Please send an MS Word document containing your letter of application and CV – with reference to the correct vacancy number – for the attention of P&O Adviser Hetty Labots to the following email address: email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting your application is 18 July 2013.
The first round of job interviews will be held from 26-29 August 2013.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement will not be appreciated
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC