DescriptionCreate unique digital experiences for a leading medical journal!
Join a leadership voice in healthcare consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work. The Massachusetts Medical Society educates and advocates for physicians and patients. Our premiere publication, theNew England Journal of Medicine,informs and educates physicians around the world on cutting-edge research and advances in medicine.
Partnering with technology staff and internal clients, you will use your broad development experience and expertise to lead projects, mentor developers, and contribute to the full project lifecycle delivery process. As a senior team member, you will participate in the selection, development and integration of technologies that support the innovative delivery of information to physicians and researchers. You will also develop and test code, and provide technical advice and leadership to ensure the success of development projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- In depth technical experience in application development and support, and infrastructure related projects
- 5 or more years experience with Java and Java frameworks (Spring Hibernate, etc.) and with ASP.net (C#), Service Oriented Architecture and distributed application design.
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based web services.
- A solid understanding of unit testing and unit testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, etc.)
- Experience with mobile development is a big plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, leadership, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- An interest in learning and embracing new technologies, products and applications
- Flexibility to adapt to changing tasks/priorities to support business needs
- Publishing experience is preferred
- An understanding of design patterns, and experience with Agile and Waterfall development approaches are preferred
Our staff offers an impressive range of experience and expertise, and shares an ongoing commitment to enhancing the quality of medical care. We offer a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits program including comprehensive insurance programs, a company matched 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, generous paid time off, an on-site fitness room and a backup day care center. . Visit our website at www.massmed.org for additional information about our organization and the work we do.
The Massachusetts Medical Society is an Affirmative Action equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:11 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC