DescriptionThe selectee is responsible for analyzing publication workflows, some of which are in XML, and developing software application solutions to problems. The four primary areas of responsibilities are:
(1) Workflow Analysis
(2) Systems Specifications Gathering
(3) Software Development and Testing
(4) Software Training, Configuration Management and Documentation
and performs the following:
- Analyzes current workflows of Plant processes to include: 1) actual XML workflow used in segments of software or 2) following the flow of a publication and its production jacket throughout the process.
- Analyzes current XML Document Type Definitions (DTDs) and/or XML schemas in order to accomplish necessary changes to publication workflows.
- Performs process mapping where none exist and analyzes weaknesses and repetitions in current established processes.
- Develop abstract systems specifications and then use to produce a final tangible software product.
- Uses knowledge of XML workflows to help identify customers’ information systems requirements and analyzes for redundancies and errors.
- Determines feasibility of systems interfacing a variety of automated XML data systems. Designs and conducts analytical studies, cost benefit analyses or other similar research.
- Programs unique solutions to problems based on analysis. Uses extensive knowledge of XML data translation techniques such as XSLT, object oriented programming techniques, and event driven programming techniques to implement systems specification and produce software products to meet plant wide objectives.
- Develops and implements software product release plans. Identifies project documentation requirements or procedures. Ensures appropriate product related training and documentation are developed and made available to software users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC