DescriptionThis position is vital to lead the web development team to develop Qatar National Library digital portals. The Lead Web Programmer will also play a lead role in the integration of all digitized content into one user centred access platform. This position will be working to produce innovative and dynamic back end development of new websites as well as maintaining existing websites. This position also participates in strategic planning activities of the Library Information Technology Directorate.
Key Result Areas:
- Lead web development projects and collaborate with the team
- Co-ordinate with external vendor in design and development, testing and the implementation of new library portals
- Work with external stakeholders to develop and deploy upgrade/migration plans for existing content management system
- Design, implement and deploy web based applications and websites from initial design and architecture through development, test and deployment
- Provide technical expertise in front and back end web development. Support web infrastructure by providing end-user support, documentation, applications maintenance, product evaluation, back end development and internal management tools
- Work with site architects to develop and document functional specifications based on requirements gathered from stakeholders. Support the implementation of life-cycle
- Develop the back end of open source repositories
- Develop web applications using one or more of the following programming languages: PHP, Ruby, Python, Java,
- Strong customer service attitude; enthusiasm for working in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Develop applications to build the interface with focus on usability features.
- Design new concepts and test the product
- Troubleshoot existing scripts and suggest enhancements.
- Document scripts, forms and procedures and train staff on how to maintain and use them.
- Work with teams to manage system administration, web/application server administration and database server administration, maintaining up-to-date system documentation and managing code in a version-control system.
- Keep abreast of developments, trends and issues in areas of responsibility
- Participate in team work and committees as needed
- Familiarize, understand and implement QF health, safety, and environment policy, procedures, legal regulations and objectives applicable to areas of responsibility.
- Ensures coordination with HSE department in implementing, monitoring and reviewing of HSE performance to ensure work under his/her control is performed in a safe, healthy and environmentally sound manner.
- This position includes, but is not limited to, other duties as required and defined by the scope, purpose, and spirit of the institution and are not always indicative of the title and grade of the position
Published: Thursday, May 23, 2013 13:21 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC