SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Python)-62653
The Software Developer will serve as a member of the eDeposit Ingest team at the Library of Congress. The candidate will be responsible for participating in the definition, design, and development of the software, tools and technologies that satisfy functional requirements, within the scope, schedule, and priorities as assigned by the project manager and/or technical lead. The candidate must be familiar with the entire lifecycle of software development, and have experience creating and maintaining applications for production environments.
• Be highly adaptable to working both independently and in a team environment.
• Be a motivated and creative problem solver.
• Exhibit excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Exhibit the ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience developing and deploying Python-based applications using contemporary Web frameworks (such as Django)
• Experience developing and deploying applications in additional languages (such as Ruby, Perl, Java)
• Experience developing and deploying applications on multiple platforms (Solaris, GNU/Linux)
• Experience with test-driven design (TDD), and code reviews
• Experience with addressing deployment issues regarding scale, performance, and administration throughout the development lifecycle
• Experience using version control (such as Subversion) and ticket tracking tools (such as Trac and/or JIRA)
• Familiarity with library software systems and metadata standards (MARC, MODS, METS)
Typically requires Bachelor's degree (technical field preferred) and five to seven years of related experience.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC