CDU Vacancy 212030 - Library Technology Support Officer
Position Number 2331 / 030
Position Description: Location: Casuarina Campus
Remuneration Package – HEW Level 6/7
Base salary of $60,740 - $72,232 per annum plus superannuation employer contribution of 17 percent. District Allowance may apply.
Conditions include 6 weeks annual leave.
Tenure Continuing full-time appointment
Application Close: 5 March 2012
Contact: Anthony Hornby
Contact Phone: +61 08 8946 6011
Contact Email: email@example.com
BUSINESS UNIT ENVIRONMENT
CDU Library is integral to the support of learner-centred, resource-based, innovative and technology enabled
education and training at the University and provides high quality research support services. CDU Library has highly motivated and qualified staff trained for new evolving roles in library and information services. The Library Technology team works with a range of other IT support providers both internal at CDU and external to support library services using a range of cutting edge technologies. Team members are involved in server maintenance, virtualization and other infrastructure management to application management of library management systems, research repositories, wikis, blogs etc, through to research, implementation and development of new technology both in-sourced and some in-house development.
Working as a member of the Library Technology Team the Library Technology Support Officer provides high quality and efficient business analysis and technology support to meet the needs of CDU Library staff and clients in a dynamic environment where the majority of resources are now accessed online and rapid change is the norm.
KEY SELECTION COMPETENCIES
1. Recognised degree in Information Technology or Librarianship with relevant experience; or degree plus recognized postgraduate qualifications in Information Technology or Librarianship with relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, experience and /or education/training.
2. Proven ability to provide fantastic customer service to internal and external clients.
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in teams recognizing and taking advantage of the abilities of others.
4. Proven business analysis skills from identification of a need to researching solutions, managing own learning, making recommendations and following through with implementation.
5. Programming experience in one or more languages such as PHP, Java, Perl, Bash (shell scripting), using APIs.
6. Understanding of database design concepts and demonstrated experience with database administration, data manipulation and generating reports.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of information technologies relevant to modern academic libraries.
DESIRABLE SELECTION COMPETENCIES
1. Experience administering integrated library management systems such as SirsiDynix Symphony.
2. Knowledge of web design and related technologies such as XML, HTML, web services.
3. Experience with digital repository software such as ePrints, DSpace, Vital or Fez/Fedora.
4. Understanding of library metadata standards and protocols such as MARC, MODS, Dublin Core.
5. Experience administering Linux / Unix systems.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
E-recruitment is the method by which Charles Darwin University now manages its recruitment
process. Applications should be lodged online at Jobs@CDU at
http://www.cdu.edu.au/pmd/vacancies.html For details of the online application process, please refer
to Jobs@CDU - How to Apply available at http://www.cdu.edu.au/pmd/vacancies.html
Please do not forward applications to the Contact Person.
If you are unable to submit your application online please obtain an application package by phoning
the Recruitment Answering Service on +61 (08) 8946 6284 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABORIGINAL AND TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER PEOPLE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The University reserves the right not to proceed in making an appointment or to appoint by invitation.The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a smoke-free environment.
How to apply
Published: Monday, February 6, 2012 07:42 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC