Clemson University Libraries
Information Resource Coordinator II
Job ID 11239
Responsible for developing and implementing a strategy to rebuild the library’s
online presence, which includes redesign and migration of current main library web
site (and related web sites) from Cascade to open-source content management
system such as Drupal. Reporting to the Head of Digital Initiatives and Information
Technology Unit, develops methods and web applications to market and deliver
library services online, and implement user interfaces for a number of projects
designed to interpret digital objects in Clemson’s institutional repository. Works
with library public services to plan and conduct user surveys on experience and
usability features and to future design.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related computing
field and 2 years experience. (Two years experience substitutable for one year of
- Experience developing within Drupal or Joomla.
- Familiarity with XML schemas such as TEI, MODS, METS, EAD, RDF.
- Experience with Fedora repository. Knowledge and use of version control systems in development.
- Knowledge and experience in UNIX/Linux administration.
- Experience designing mobile interfaces.
- Experience with web analytics software.
- Previous experience developing web sites or applications in a library environment.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience programming web applications and designing web sites.
- Experience managing an open-source content management system.
- Knowledge of Section 508 ADA compliance.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent sense of visual design, graphic production, and information architecture.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
To apply for this job visit the Clemson University HR website (Job ID 11239):
The position closes on February 10, 2012.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 20:14 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC