DescriptionMADRID ARTE Y CULTURA, S.A (MACSA ) ANNOUNCES A JOB OPENING FOR THE NEW MEDIALAB- PRADO DIRECTOR
FIRST: DESIGNATION, DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION. Designation.- The selection process seeks to fulfill the position of Director in the Medialab-Prado.
I.- DIRECTION AND COLLABORATION RESPONSIBILITIES Director is responsible for:
1. The accounting, financial and artistic aspects of Medialab-Prado.
2. Organizing the Medialab-Prado annual program.
3. Implementing the artistic, technical and research and development Medialab-Prado Project.
4. Coordinating Medialab-Prado board meetings, as well as the relationship with the Área de Gobierno de Las Artes (Art Management Department), MACSA and other institutions in the city.
5. Representing Medialab-Prado before third parties.
6. Promoting the raising of external resources to balance the local council’s contribution.
7. Coordinating the search and administration of funds for collaborative projects within the European Union.
8. Coordinating the Medialab-Prado staff and establishing their work schedules.
9. Overseeing the general operation of Medialab-Pro, the contracts and activity expenses, as well as general services such as security, cleaning and maintenance.
10. Elaborating operation budgets and controlling their allocation.
11. Proposing the management strategy for Medialab-Prado together with structuring the direction and board.
12. Participating in the development of the annual activities plan.
13. Keeping MACSA informed in regards to digital culture. 14. The daily activity of teams, workshops and programs.
II.- INFORMATION, PREVISION AND ASSESSMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Informing MACSA about all the issues that may influence the development of the agreed targets and the execution of the program planning.
2. Preparing an annual report regarding the performance and the prospects of Medialab-Prado, covering the forecasted requirements, human and material resources, as well as the level of achievement of the proposed aims.
III.- PROMOTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES:
1. Promoting the presence and the activity of Medialab-Prado at local, national and international levels.
2. Encouraging creation and participation.
3. Fostering gatherings, exchanges and collaborations.
4. Other responsibilities that may be required by MACSA, whether in line with the aforementioned ones or with the specific plan provided by the candidate (refer to Second Requirement, IV).
SECOND: REQUIREMENTS TO BE MET BY CANDIDATES.
Essential requirements for any candidates looking to fill the Medialab-Prado Director position:
1. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to the position’s responsibilities.
2. Fluent in Spanish and English; additional languages will be taken into account. An oral English test will be carried out, as well as of other languages if needed.
II. Submitting a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) proving professional experience and qualifications.
III. Presenting a Project wherein the candidate lays out comprehensively his/her vision regarding the Medialab- Prado development during the next three (3) years. The route map will be embodied in a document where the aims, targets, programs and action courses to be achieved or developed are defined.
1. Having at least 5 years of experience in the management/direction of digital culture, open knowledge and social innovation centers, projects or programs.
2. Having a master’s degree in the subjects covered by the contract.
3. Experience in attracting sponsorships and developing new public-private funding models.
4. Experience applications for funding within the European Union.
5. Experience in multidisciplinary projects (Science, Humanities, Arts,...).
6. Experience in digital communication and CIT applied to education.
7. Knowledge of new social and economic trends linked to technological and social change processes.
8. Experience in coordination and management of multidisciplinary work teams.
9. Knowledge of the emerging organization and knowledge generation models in domains such as universities, corporate environments and technology centers.
10. Experience in international cultural projects and/or experience in relationships and alliances with top level international cultural centers in the new technologies and digital cultural domain.
11. CV certified knowledge of the cultural, institutional, social and economic environment where Medialab develops its activity.
About Medialab Prado
Medialab Prado is a laboratory involved in the production, research and communication of cultural projects, exploring experimentation and collaborative learning alternatives made possible by digital networks.
Its general objectives are:
- Creating an open platform that welcomes and enables users to shape and modify research and production processes.
- Supporting an active user community through the development of the aforementioned collaborative projects.
- Providing a range of different participation alternatives that foster the collaboration between individuals with different backgrounds (artistic, scientific, and technical), specialization (experts and amateurs) and involvement levels.
In its new location it aims to:
Increase and give an easier access to the general public taking advantage of the location and the characteristics of the building.
Maintaining the production and research identity that has been its most outstanding feature up till now.
Warranting the project’s financial sustainability.
Published: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:22 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC