University of Ottawa Library Web Initiatives Librarian - 201655 http://www.academiccareers.uottawa.ca/node/409
Responsibilities: The University of Ottawa Library seeks an energetic, innovative and service-oriented individual with good technical and communication skills to fill the position of Web Initiatives Librarian at the University of Ottawa Library. The successful candidate will be a creative individual who works well with colleagues in a challenging and changing environment. Setting: Located in the heart of the National Capital, the University of Ottawa is recognized as one of Canada's leading teaching and research institutions. With 1500 regular faculty and 40,000 students enrolled in over 360 programs, the University of Ottawa offers a broad spectrum of high quality programs in both English and French. For more information, see: www.uottawa.ca<http://www.uottawa.ca>.
Description: Reporting to the Head, Library Systems Division the incumbent monitors, identifies and communicates innovations in the uses of the web and recommends and implements new and emerging web-based technologies and services for our environment; provides creative and technical expertise to design, develop, manage and support innovative web-based information services and systems. Working collaboratively with Library staff, the Web Initiatives Librarian leads and coordinates the creation and enhancement of the Library Web site and the staff Intranet. The incumbent supports reference and public services staff in web related and web-based information services; participates or leads projects to implement and adopt new technology to deliver services to clients; provides reference and research assistance; and as a member of the Systems team, participates in the planning, development, and implementation of the Library's current and future services, systems and technical infrastructure.
- A Master's degree in Library and Information Studies (M.L.I.S.) from an ALA accredited institution;
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience or fewer depending on the relevance of the experience;
- Demonstrated experience in web interface design, site management, content development and/or demonstrated skill in developing relational databases to create dynamic web pages;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and set priorities using project management techniques; manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and work under pressure;
- Technologically competent, analytical, curious, detail oriented, flexible and responsive;
- A proven service orientation with a willingness to collaborate and share expertise; work in teams and negotiate solutions with diverse groups;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Bilingual (English and French), written and spoken, including the ability to make presentations and train in both official languages. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is part of the Bargaining Unit (Faculty, Librarians, Counsellors, Language teachers).
Applications, accompanied by up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, should be submitted no later than 5 p.m., Friday, February 3rd , 2012
Ms. Leslie Weir University Librarian University of Ottawa Library 65 University Private Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5 Email: email@example.com
The University of Ottawa Library thanks all those who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
THE UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ---- Cameron Metcalf (613.562.5800 x 3651) Chef, Département des systèmes | Head, Library Systems Division Bibliothèque uOttawa Library www.biblio.uottawa.ca<https://mail.uottawa.ca/owa/redir.aspx?C=2f14f69ad8e44aabb46c10237dd9a926&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.biblio.uottawa.ca>
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC