DescriptionThis is a job where you will have plenty of opportunity to contribute and be creative as part of a small dynamic team. Your ideas will be heard and valued :-)
Note: you must be eligible for Australia Permanent Residency to apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about the application process or your eligibility.
Please include examples of previous work including sample code (if appropriate) or links to work online.
1. Go to http://www.cdu.edu.au/ohrs/jobsatcdu.html
2. Read the "How to Apply" instructions
3. Click on "General Staff Vacancies"
4. Find vacancy 213060 "Library Technology Support Officer" and download the position description
5. Address the "Selection Criteria" and send in your completed selection criteria, CV or resume.
Good Luck :-)
Position description contents below:
Position Title Library Technology Support Officer
Position Number 6882
Position Classification HEW level 6/7
Organisational Unit Office of Library Services
Location Casuarina Campus
Tenure Continuing full-time appointment
Responsible to Library Technology Coordinator
Employment Conditions HEW Level 6/7
Base salary of $xxxx - $xxxx per annum plus superannuation employer contribution of 17% District Allowance may apply.
Conditions include 6 weeks annual leave
Special Features Work at other campuses may occasionally be required.
Work outside normal hours may be required including on-call.
Business Unit Environment
Corporate Services improves the operational capacity of the University through quality administration and support. As part of their day-to-day work staff in Corporate Services facilitate and improve business processes throughout the University. Corporate Services comprises: the Office of Human Resource Services, Office of Student Administration and Equity Services, Office of Information Technology Management and Support and Office of Library Services.
The Office of Library Services (OLS) provides high quality information resources, services and facilities to support the learning, teaching, and research needs of the Charles Darwin University community. Recognising the importance of the online environment, OLS makes accessible relevant resources in all formats, provides a flexible and dynamic information literacy program and a research support service for staff and students, and maintains a variety of learning spaces for students. The Office is also responsible for maintaining eSpace, the University’s institutional repository of research outputs.
Library Technology Support Officer is an active and engaged member of the Library Technology Team providing high quality and efficient business analysis and technology support to meet the needs of CDU Library staff and clients in a dynamic environment where most resources are now accessed online.
• Provide excellent customer service to all clients.
• Develop a deep understanding of how technologies support CDU library services through close engagement with CDU library staff, clients, stakeholders and active participation in relevant CDU forums and networks.
• Participate in continuous improvement and best practice use of technology in existing library services.
• Provide expert advice on the capabilities and future potential of technology to enhance library services.
• Work to ensure library systems are reliable and robust and conform to CDU wide information standards.
• Contribute to the development of CDU wide information standards as required.
• Participate in a quality service environment, including change management, documenting library information systems and tracking and analysis of technology problems.
• Work effectively with appropriate technology vendors and suppliers and their support services.
• Own specific technology support functions within the systems team, and support other team members as required.
• Work flexible hours when required for tasks like after-hours system maintenance and being on-call.
Planning, Communication and Leadership
• Actively pursue staff development opportunities and regularly review work practices.
• Proactively develop excellence in customer service to all clients in all locations
• Contribute to CDU Library technology project portfolio management, manage small projects and work with library staff to actively develop CDU Library project management skills and approaches.
• Contribute to OLS operational, information technology and strategic plans. Participate in the development, documentation and ongoing management of technology guidelines, standards, protocols and processes.
• Act for the Library Technology Coordinator as required.
• Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with various internal and external clients
• Work effectively and collaboratively within a team to achieve relevant team objectives
Knowledge and Proficiency
• Stay current with trends and best practice approaches in technology relevant to delivery of library services.
• Learn new applications and programming languages as required.
• Undertake training and technology certifications as required.
• Drive best practice and continuous improvement in service delivery.
Key Selection Competencies
1. Degree and/or postgraduate qualifications in Information Technology with extensive experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, extensive experience and /or education/training in Information Technology.
2. Proven ability to engage with and provide exceptional customer service to all clients
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively within teams recognizing and utilising the abilities of your own and others to achieve specific objectives
4. Proven business analysis skills including: identification of needs; researching solutions; managing personal development; providing sound recommendations; and implementation.
5. High programming proficiency in one or more languages such as PHP, Java, Perl, Bash (linux shell scripting), VBS (windows desktop scripting) and using APIs.
6. Understanding of database design concepts and demonstrated experience with database administration, data manipulation and generating reports using SQL.
7. Experience administering Linux servers including configuration of networking and firewalls.
Desirable Selection Competencies
1. Experience administering integrated library management systems such as SirsiDynix Symphony and technologies such as Oracle or MySQL.
2. Understanding of library metadata standards and protocols such as MARC, RDA, MODS, Dublin Core, Linked Open Data, Z39.50, NCIP
3. Familiarity with Agile software development and project management approaches.
Closing date: 26 March 2013
For further information about the position contact Anthony Hornby, Associate Director OLS, on (08) 8946 6011 or e-mail email@example.com. Candidates are encouraged to discuss the position with the contact person before sending in a written application.
Submitting an Application.
E-recruitment is the method by which Charles Darwin University manages its recruitment process. Applications should be lodged online at Jobs@CDU at url: http://www.cdu.edu.au/ohrs/jobsatcdu.html For details of the online application process, please refer to Jobs@CDU - How to Apply available at url: http://www.cdu.edu.au/ohrs/jobsatcdu.html
Please do not forward applications to the contact person.
If you are unable to submit your application online please obtain an application package by phoning the Recruitment Answering Service on (08) 8946 6284 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABORIGINAL AND TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER PEOPLE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
The University reserves the right not to proceed in making an appointment or to appoint by invitation. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a smoke-free environment.
How to apply
Published: Sunday, March 17, 2013 22:32 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC