DescriptionThe Richard E. Bjork Library at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey seeks to fill the position of Electronic Resource Coordinator. This non-tenure track, professional position is responsible for administering the library’s Electronic Resources.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of the Library for Public Services, the Electronic Resource Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Electronic resources management: Administer the library’s Electronic Resource Management System (Serials Solution). Includes technical support and trouble-shooting for acquisitions, management, and delivery of e-resources; maintenance of ERMS; integration of e-resources with library discovery systems (Summon); leadership regarding emerging technologies and trends.
- Develops assessment strategies and conducts ongoing assessment using a variety of methods including usage, usability, overlap, and value. Gathers and analyzes both quantitative and qualitative data to inform electronic resources management decisions and continuously improve library services.
- Assist in library website and portal channel management including dynamically driven web content, online forms, search interfaces, working with content management systems.
- Collaborate with library faculty, staff and IT staff in the creation of website design, content and documentation.
- Provide direction in development of digital and information technology initiatives and Web-based services.
- Assist in developing the annual budget for electronic resources.
- Provides information literacy instruction and support for the library’s instructional services.
- Participates in assessment and continuous improvement of all library operations and services.
- Participate in library policy making and planning.
- Serve on committees as requested by the Director of Library Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- ALA accredited MLS/MLIS degree.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with implementation and management of a variety of existing and emerging online and electronic library resources and services
- Experience with Web development software such as Dreamweaver, HTML, Luminis portal system
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in providing information literacy instruction.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction both independently and on teams.
- Dedication to responsive, timely and proactive service.
- Ability to thrive amidst rapid organizational and technological change.
- Experience providing library reference and research assistance.
Review of applications begins March 25, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, submit a letter of application, resume, and names of 3 professional references to Library Search Committee - AA47, Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway NJ 08205. Electronic applications are preferred and should be sent to Emma.Picorale@stockton.edu.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC