Web & Digital Services Librarian sought by the Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library at Queens College, the City University of New York (http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/library). Anticipated start date is July 1, 2013.
The Web & Digital Services Librarian is responsible as point person and coordinator for leading the ongoing activities required to maintain useful, accessible and user-friendly delivery of the Queens College Libraries digital library services. The Web & Digital Services Librarian is responsible for design and delivery of a suite of library web sites and augmentative digital services which are reflective of current standards and best practices in academic library web site design, current pedagogical technologies and teaching and learning trends. The successful candidate reports to the Associate Librarian for Public Services and will be a member of a digital library team, working closely with the E-Resources Librarian, Library Systems Office staff and the campus and CUNY technology units' members. The position may encompass supervision. S/he will collaborate with the Resources Development Committee and will participate in public services activities such as research assistance, library instruction, collection development and educational outreach to library personnel and Queens College students, faculty and staff.
Master's in Library Science (MLS), Master's in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution is required.
For appointment as Assistant Professor, a second graduate degree is also required, as are:
- At least one year of experience leading the design and maintenance of a library web site.
- Experience in applying Web standards for usability and ADA accessibility requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Team and project management experience
- Experience maintaining EZProxy (or similar authentication system)
- Experience in developing online learning resources for instruction
- Academic library experience
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 16:23 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC