Who We Are
The Orange County Library System is a learning organization whose mission is to add to quality of life – not only for our customers, but also for our staff. At OCLS, you’ll find staff who are dedicated to serving the community and cultivating an environment where everyone is welcome. We offer growth and development opportunities, competitive pay and benefits, and a healthy work-life balance.
Orange County Library System offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Employer-Paid Medical and Dental Insurance: We prioritize your health by offering comprehensive medical and dental coverage, with all employee premiums covered by the organization.
- Employer-Paid Retirement Contributions: We understand the importance of planning for your future. To help you achieve your retirement goals, we make generous employer contributions to your retirement plan.
- No Social Security Withholding: Unlike some employers, we do not withhold Social Security contributions from your paycheck, allowing you to maximize your take-home pay.
These benefits are a reflection of our commitment to providing a supportive and rewarding work environment for our employees. Your well-being and financial security are essential to us as you contribute to the success of our organization.
Learn more about employment at OCLS.
Are you an experienced IT and/or library professional looking to make an impact in a dynamic environment? Join our team at the Orange County Library System as an ILS Specialist. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to play a crucial part in administration, configuration, and maintenance of the Integrated Library System (ILS). If you're passionate about using your information technology skills to serve the community and want to contribute to our mission, we want you on our team.
- ILS Support: Becomes subject matter expert in ILS operations; monitors performance of the ILS; provides troubleshooting, technical support, and problem resolution.
- Data Reporting: Delivers routine reports for library administration, management, and staff as required; performs database queries utilizing available tools; provides business intelligence by collecting, analyzing, and reporting on various statistics such as demographics, usage, volume, holdings, access, data integrity, etc.
- Systems Integration: Participates in the integration of the ILS with external applications.
- Documentation: Maintains complete and accurate ILS technical documentation and files for the use of the ILS (e.g. instructions, procedures, and manuals) to ensure correct system configuration and functionality.
- Educational Background: Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- Enterprise Systems Maintenance: Ability to maintain library software systems, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Reporting Proficiency: Experience in data analysis, reporting software, and query languages, with a record of mastering new tools.
- Problem-solving: Aptitude for troubleshooting and critical thinking skills to develop solutions.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication and teamwork are essential qualities you'll bring to our team.
Please note: This job ad covers multiple responsibilities and may evolve based on organizational needs.
Click here to see full job description
Orange County Library System is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from diverse backgrounds. Join us in our mission to make a difference through technology and community service.
How to apply
407.835.7614 | www.ocls.info
Published: Tuesday, January 30, 2024 20:51 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, January 30, 2024 20:51 UTC