Library Systems Coordinator (LSS IV)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: January 01, 2024 (11:55 PM PST)
The Library Technology Services (LTS) unit is the core of the University Library technological infrastructure and exists to support and enhance key systems used by library employees, campus faculty, and students. Some elements of LTS include adapting library technologies to the ever-changing academic library environment, developing tools and systems that are user-centered and ensure student success, empowering the department staff in the realm of professional growth, leading the University Library's technological growth, and maintaining flexible and appropriate technologies, data and workflows. Within these arenas, LTS is in charge of maintenance of the Library Services Platform (LSP), Cal Poly Pomona's institutional repository (IR), the University Library web site, the digital signage and room reservation systems, as well as acting as the bridge between the library and campus IT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
System Implementation, Operation, and Administration
- Serve as a General System Administrator for Both ExLibris Alma and Primo VE.
- Collaborate with LTS and other library departments to prioritize needs and implement solutions that optimize use of Alma and Primo VE.
- Consult with LTS and other library departments to help ensure development projects transition successfully to the library’s enterprise systems production environment.
- Liaise with LTS, other library departments, and vendors on user authentication and access issues, campus and library network issues, systems security, and software and hardware issues.
- Develop system maintenance processes and helps plan the implementation of system upgrades
- Train LTS and other library personnel in Library applications and systems.
- Collaborate and consults with library departments to implement and support the ongoing storage and preservation of digital objects in both local and cloud-based solutions as needed.
- Consult on library computer hardware and peripheral device purchase decisions as assigned. Assist with internal hardware inventory as needed (both library purchases and University IT).
Discovery and Analytics
- Act as Discovery Administrator of and configure frontend design and usability for ExLibris Primo VE interface
- Make necessary changes to interface based on evidence gathered from usability and user experience testing, as well as library search best practices.
- Integrate addons such as Ex Libris Cloud Apps and third-party tools for both proprietary and open-source entities
- Work with stockholders to provide timely upgrades to software, advance notification to users of new systems developments.
- Works with vendor to help coordinate system changes.
- Participate in department activities as needed, such as workshops, meetings, committees and/or cross training; pursues professional development opportunities to keep abreast of emerging new technologies and resources relative to library systems; recommend implementation of innovative ideas aimed to improve departmental procedures
- Participate in Library strategic planning and continually work towards enhancing student success through the effectiveness of library systems.
- These qualifications for entry to Position Skill Level I normally would be obtained through the completion of a high school education or equivalent certification plus two to three years of related library and/or clerical experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of library operations in assigned library unit(s) or department and its relation to overall library operations. Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of assigned unit's or department's principles, policies, practices and procedures and their relationship to overall library functions and other units, and the ability to apply this expertise and judgment to address unique problems. Thorough knowledge of library collection itself, its organization, and classification schemes. Comprehensive knowledge of external on-line databases, systems and resources and trends pertaining to assigned functional area, including expertise in searching strategies. Comprehensive knowledge of institution's and library's policies and practices associated with ethical use of and access to library and on-line resources, as well as general knowledge of library bill of rights and code of ethics. Comprehensive knowledge of national standards and resources pertaining to library operations, including the ability to source and interpret information from such resources. Comprehensive knowledge of national and institutional standards pertaining to copyright and intellectual property protection and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure full compliance with legal requirements. Expertise in most aspects of the library's automated and on-line catalog systems, including database maintenance functions. Ability to participate in long range planning through the collection, organization, analysis, and interpretation of data and information. In-depth and comprehensive knowledge of library accounting and budget policies and procedures, including the ability to collect, organize and analyze data to support planning and budgeting. Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of lead work direction and campus human resource and payroll policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply: Ex Libris' Alma management system and Primo VE discovery tool, including ability to develop normalization rules and processes for automated and global edits within Alma and import profiles to import records into Alma.
- Working knowledge of Python or similar scripting language.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with colleagues within the library as well as outside, e.g. campus partners, Chancellor's Office, and ULMS CSU partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration and to meet planned goals.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and apply initiative to follow through on innovative ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work successfully in a highly productive and collaborative environment.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, November 28, 2023 21:57 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, November 28, 2023 21:57 UTC